TEA Units of Study: TEKS "Knowledge and skills" subsections covered:
A. Personal success
- (4) The student demonstrates an understanding that personal success depends on personal effort.
- (A) demonstrate a proactive understanding of self-responsibility and self-management
- (B) identify and demonstrate positive work behaviors and personal qualities for employability
- (C) analyze the effects of health and wellness on employee performance
B. Personal time management
- (5) The student develops principles in time management, decision making, effective communication, and prioritizing.
- (A) apply effective practices for managing time and energy
- (B) implement stress-management techniques
- (C) analyze various steps in the decision-making process
- (D) analyze the importance of balancing a career, family, and leisure activities
C. Effective team building skills
- (9) The student uses leadership and teamwork skills in collaborating with others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- (A) apply team-building skills
- (B) apply decision-making and problem-solving skills
- (C) apply leadership and teamwork qualities in creating a pleasant working atmosphere
- (D) participate in community leadership and teamwork opportunities to enhance professional skills
- Hospitality Services: Food and Lodging, Goodheart-Willcox Company, 2004
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute http://www.ahlei.org
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America, Texas Association http://www.texasfccla.org
- SkillsUSA http://www.skillsusatx.org
- O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
- Reynolds, Johnny Sue. (2010) Hospitality Services Food & Lodging. Second. Tinley Park, Illinois: The Goodheart-Willcox Company, Inc.
- Lodging Management Program Year One
AHLA Educational Institute
Related Lesson Plans for Classrooms
This course is preparing you to be “job ready,” therefore we will be learning and following industry standards/food service regulations. Safety and Sanitation are...Read More
This lesson is going to explore the information technology tools specific to hotel management. In today’s environment, almost all businesses need information technology tools...Read More
What if you opened a business and didn’t have any products that people wanted to buy? How do you know what people need or...Read More