VII. Hair Styling and Advanced Techniques
TEA Units of Study: TEKS "Knowledge and skills" subsections covered:
A. Products and their uses in hair styling B. Use of product to enhance styles C. Educating clients on the use of products D. Applying styling techniques for special events styling E. Applying styling techniques for fantasy styling, including the use of color F. Understanding which products will help to mold the hair into the style
- (1) The student consolidates the employability characteristics of a successful worker in the workplace.
- (A) evaluate leadership skills within a community setting to maintain positive relationships that enhance personal care business opportunities
- (B) estimate cost effective resources to assist with planning the delivery of services
- (C) review technical knowledge and skills required to be successful in careers in the human services area
- (D) assess time-management principles and techniques to achieve objectives and effectively serve clients
- (E) create and maintain records, including electronic records, of client services using safeguarding procedures to store and retrieve personal care client information
- (F) integrate logical reasoning to a variety of ethical workplace situations in order to make sound decisions
- (G) assess written organizational policies and procedures to help employees perform their jobs according to employer rules and expectations
- (3) The student implements the rules and regulations established by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- (C) perform and complete all practical requirements as required by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation or the governing body
- (4) The student categorizes and judges both the function and application of the tools, equipment, technologies, and materials used in cosmetology.
- (A) examine and rank vendor resources to provide maximum benefit for clients, service providers, businesses, or organizations
- (B) justify systems needed to obtain the range of personal care resources needed for business practice and explain how to access resources at appropriate times
- (C) use technology resources to analyze data and information in order to make appropriate recommendations and conclusions for personal care services
- (D) evaluate techniques, principles, tools, and instruments used to develop efficient and safe delivery of client services to enhance client satisfaction
- (E) apply principles of mechanics when choosing, evaluating, and maintaining service equipment to provide continued client services and examine emerging technologies
- (5)The student merges the concepts and skills of cosmetology to simulated and actual work situations.
- (A) design personal care services for individuals by recognizing and making informed decisions according to client needs and concerns
- (B) create an individualized plan that reflects client preferences, needs, and interests in order to create a course of treatment or action
- (C) evaluate client satisfaction by identifying solutions, procedures, and products to enhance future services and client interactions
- (D) implement organizational policies, procedures, and regulations to establish personal care organization priorities, accomplish an identified mission, and provide high-quality service to diverse clients
- (E) investigate and evaluate industry trends, information, and resources to attract new clientele and satisfy and retain present clientele
- (F) synthesize client information to attract new clientele and retain present clientele
- Milady’s Standard: Cosmetology, Cengage Learning, Inc./Delmar Learning, 2004 – Chapter 15
- Resources on current trends