1. Which of the following is NOT a casual dining establishment?
2. This type of dining caters to people who like to eat out, but are not interested in a formal atmosphere or high prices. They enjoy a relaxed environment and mid-range prices.
3. Foodservice-specific bachelor's degrees offer students
4. Slips, trips, and falls can best be avoided when spills are cleaned
5. The term restaurant is derived from the French word "restaurer" which means to
6. The current Federal Minimum Wage is
7. Servers in restaurants may get paid ____________ per hour because tips are considered part of their wages.
8. Restaurant trends are influenced by
9. Which employment law states that only U.S. citizens and people who are authorized to work in the United States may be legally hired?
10. Who determines the hourly minimum wage that employers can pay employees?
11. Teen workers may be more susceptible to work injuries because of
12. The most common bacterial cause of diarrhea in the United States and the most common cause of foodborne deaths is:
13. According to The food timeline website, what year was the first restaurant started?http://foodtimeline.org/restaurants.html#restaurants
14. This type of restaurant often tries to recreate another place or time. Customers enjoy seeing sports memorabilia or an indoor waterfall and are moderately priced.
15. Also known as fast food, this type of dining makes up the largest section of the foodservice industry. It has limited menus, low prices, and speedy service. Food is prepared using exact standards and factory-like production.
16. In management opportunities, who is the person that orders the ingredients for the menu items and makes sure they are prepared correctly?
17. In Gordon Ramsey’s Restaurant Tips video, what does he say is the number one tip for running a restaurant?
18. The first thing a student still in high school interested in the foodservice industry should do is?
19. Kim is tripling her world famous chocolate cake recipe. If the recipe originally calls for 12 ounces of dark chocolate to be mixed in, how many pounds of dark chocolate should be added to the new tripled batch?
20. Which law make it illegal to put a person with a disability in a lower-paying job only because of the disability?
21. Young people age 14 and under can work at which jobs?
22. What is the leading cause of death among teen workers in retail/service jobs?
23. What is the first step in developing a HACCP plan?
24. Day managers opening the restaurant might
25. How many inches from the floor should food be stored?
26. The three elements that make up most of an operation's cost are
27. Direct labor costs are
28. All foodservice employees, especially those who talk to customers, must possess the following qualities:
29. Catering services are NOT part of the foodservice industry.
30. The ____________ represents the foodservice operation, sells the menu, serves menu items skillfully, and receives the correct payment from the customer.
31. The purpose of this form is to document that each new employee (both citizen and noncitizen) hired after November 6, 1986, is authorized to work in the United States.
32. Which law makes it illegal to put a person with a disability in a lower-paying job only because of the disability?
33. Employees should have which of the following work ethics?
34. Whenever a pot or pan is on a stove, the worker should assume that it is
35. Indirect labor costs may include health insurance, taxes, and vacations.
36. When receiving food products, they must be carefully inspected for damage and potential problems such as
37. Food stored in the refrigerator should be labeled and dated.
38. Food cost percentage is the ratio of the cost of food served to the
39. Every ____ minutes, a U.S. teen gets hurt on the job.
40. Cafes were places where educated people went to share ideas and new discoveries.
41. What gives shoppers convenient access to a variety of quick meals, snacks, and beverages at malls and shopping centers?
42. The foodservice industry is about
43. Unwelcome advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of sexual nature is
44. Math skills such as calculating numbers: adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, are needed in the food service industry for
45. Restaurant Management is in the
46. The Restaurant Management course will provide students insight into the operation of a well-run ____________.
47. CPE stands for Continuing Professional Education.
48. CTE stands for
49. There are ____________ Career Clusters.
50. Career and Technical Education equips students with: