1. The definition of hospitality is to:
2. QWL programs help employees:
3. Judging whether something is desirable or undesirable is a part of our personal _______ system.
4. The head of a hospitality organization such as a resort, would most likely be:
5. Multitasking is the ability to carry out two or more things at the same time by one person.
6. Skills an employee must have to work independently are:
7. The definition of leadership is a person who exemplifies qualities needed to guide or ______ people to perform certain tasks.
8. Regular staff meetings are used to:
9. A document used to run an effective meeting is called a(an):
10. FCCLA stands for:
11. Qualities desirable in an effective leader include:
12. Critical characteristics desired in workers that carry over into management positions are:
13. A necessary communication skill for the workplace in today's technologically driven world are:
14. Good spelling and grammar are necessary skills for anyone producing:
15. Effective writing skills are a must to make:
16. A collection of electronic evidence such as a resume, letter of introduction, and transcripts using multimedia, texts, and images would be called (a)an:
17. A set of individual travel products such as airfare, hotel, car rental, that are combined under one price is called a:
18. Nonverbal communication means without:
19. The Hospitality and Tourism Cluster includes _______ career pathways.
20. A type of Quick Service business is:
21. The lodging industry consists of all businesses that provide food and beverage service.
22. The travel industry consists of businesses that physically move people from one place to another.
23. The tourism industry consists of businesses that organize and promote travel and vacations.
24. Mathematical skills are needed in hospitality for:
25. The last step in the FCCLA Planning Process is:
26. Restaurants are divided into two areas:
27. All of these areas represent the most risk, EXCEPT:
28. Risk management has evolved over the past years to a:
29. OSH Act is an acronym for:
30. Employees are expected to do the following EXCEPT:
31. SANITATION of kitchen equipment means to:
32. EPA is an acronym for:
33. ________________ is crucial for every employee at every level in the hospitality industry.
34. Communication skills include:
35. The main product of the hospitality industry is:
36. All of these are considered quality service elements EXCEPT:
37. In _________ service, food is arranged on tables throughout the dining area.
38. Which service is used in fine-dining restaurants?
39. An example of a computerized system one might see that is specific to the operations in hospitality would be a:
40. Orbitz and Travelocity are considered:
41. A positive aspect of an online travel site should be:
42. An excellent way to teach students how to plan and customize travel products for tourists is to:
43. The most accurate source of occupational information put out by the U.S. government is the:
44. Within the OOH, hospitality and tourism occupations would be found in the ________________ category:
45. The benefits of a hospitality career include:
46. CTE stands for:
47. There are _____________ Career Clusters.
48. TEKS stands for:
49. Principles in Hospitality and Tourism is part of the ______________ Career Cluster.
50. Career and Technical Education (CTE) equips students with: