1. Often this is the first introduction an employer has to your skills and abilities
2. Employers find these to be common qualities of a good employee.
3. This tool can assist in presenting your skills and talents to an employer and help you stand out among the applicants when presented professionally.
4. Professional organizations offer many benefits to membership, including
5. This is a meeting, often at the employment site between the employer and the applicant.
6. Careers in Human Services can be found in these industries
7. One of the most important skills an employer seeks in an employee.
8. This style of leadership is successful when a group is willing to be lead and will get the results required to reach goals.
9. A positive trait or quality that we consider to be morally good and valued collectively and individually.
10. A common expectation of employers on the job.
11. This report presents a set of foundation skills and workplace competencies deemed essential for work world success today.
12. Career success is often determined by these skills.
13. When the economy slows, companies run into difficulties and businesses scale back their workforce, which is often referred to as:
14. Leaders are people who have the power to influence the behavior of others. Good leaders can _______________ others.
15. Body gestures, facial expressions are two examples of this type of communication.
16.The decision-making process to solve problems involves several steps. The first step is to:
17. A communication process in which people alternate between sending and receiving messages:
18. A closed mind is considered a _____________________ to good communication.
19. Good listening skills are important to successful communication. An important skill is to _________________.
20. A critical component of an effective customer service training program.
21. Good relationship skills will help you succeed on the job. Being friendly is a good start, but remember the ________________________________________.
22. The body of laws, administrative rulings, and precedents which address the legal rights of, and restrictions on, working people and their organizations.
23. It ended unequal application of voter registration requirements and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public.
24. These initiatives complement non-discrimination compliance programs by creating the workplace environment and organizational culture for making differences work.
25. Provides monthly cash payments and medical benefits to coal miners totally disabled from pneumoconiosis arising from their employment in the nation's coal mines.
26. Employers covered by the OSH Act must comply with the regulations and the safety and health standards promulgated by OSHA, which stands for ____________________________________.
27. Their activity today centers on collective bargaining over wages, benefits, and working conditions for their membership, and on representing their members in disputes with management over violations of contract provisions.
28. Federal labor law _____________ need to be visible to all employees and state that the company is an equal opportunity employer.
29. Physical environmental factors can have an adverse impact on people. The specific physical factors that limit performance will vary. depending on both the work environment and individual differences but will include __________________________________________.
30. Each employee should be conscious of their health in their work environment and record any pain, discomfort, injury or illness that they believe is work-related. This information should be reported to _______________.
31. Noise, lighting, ventilation, radiation, and vibrations are all potential _____________________ that should be considered in the workplace.
32. The work area should be set up according to _____________ design principles. For each task, the following should be considered: frequency and flow of work; materials and equipment required; and the priority of different tasks.
33. The risk associated with each hazard can be controlled by implementing the following hierarchy of controls:
34. A hostile work environment usually refers to a work environment that makes an employee emotionally and mentally unable to perform work-related tasks. However, a hostile work environment also can refer to a work environment in which an employee is _________________________.
35. Employers' have legal obligation to develop emergency evacuation plans and how to include employees with _____________________ in developing these plans.
36. When writing office letters, if you don't know their marital status just use
37. Proper phone etiquette includes:
38. What are the benefits of policy, procedure and process documentation?
39. Describes the use of proper manners and behavior online and should be used in all areas of electronic means including email, chatting, blogging, forums, message boards, and so on.
40. Following email etiquette can be very important. If your email is emotionally charged,
41. The use of electronic information and communication technologies(which include email, websites, text messaging, web logs or blogs, three-way calling, cell phones, photographs, videos, or any other electronic means) to repeatedly willfully and intentionally embarrass, intimidate, humiliate, threaten, or harass another.
42. This is the buying and selling of product or service over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks.
43. In a Traditional economy there is
44. Determined by the extent of government involvement in economic decision making.
45. Involves investments, production, the allocation of economic inputs, distribution of economic outputs, land availability, households, financial institutions and government policies.
46. In the report “Results of the U.S. President’s Commission on Industrial Competitiveness” by John A. Young, one of the key findings was
47. Supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in
48. The most common forms of business are sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation and S corporation. In selecting the best business structure, careful analysis is important because
49. The degree to which a nation can, under free and fair market conditions, produce goods and services that meet the test of international markets while at the same time maintaining or expanding the real incomes of its citizens.
50. Offers you a unique opportunity to present your accomplishments and skills, using them to your advantage. It allows you to elaborate on the sections of your resume of which you are most proud, and to include additional information about yourself that is relevant to the job for which you are applying.