1. Which of the following reasons best explain why teachers must understand the theories of human development?
2. Which of the following best explains the focus of pedagological instruction?
3. Which of the following is an accepted method of studying human behaviors?
4. Which of the following is not a reason to have good medical care and health practices prior to and during pregnancy?
5. Some special considerations in diet are the need for more ____________ and water as well as lower impact physical activity especially in the later stages of pregnancy when the body becomes more unwieldy.
6. Which of the following organizations or individuals have the responsibility of protecting children who have been abused?
7. Which of the following is a cause of child abuse?
8. Where is the best place for parents to go for advice or support?
9. What is the relationship of guidance and discipline?
10. What is the advantage of having a village approach to parenting?
11. Breastfeeding is the best form of nutrition for infants because it:
12. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends which of the following to lower an infant's risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)?
13. Why must toddlers have consistent limits?
14. Why is it important for preschoolers to learn to verbalize their anger and aggression?
15. Concerns about self-concept and social groups is an example of__________________ in preschoolers.
16. Which of the following physical changes usually occurs during adolescence?
17. In the YouTube(tm) video, CDC Dena's Story, Let's Stop HIV Together, what is the most important message we can pass on to the younger generation?
18. Parents and children should practice and encourage good hygiene by following these guidelines:
19. The major psychosocial task of adolescence according to Erikson is:
20. Menarche is best defined as
21. According to Erikson, the major developmental task of young adults is:
22. What is the importance of maintaining good physical condition during early adulthood?
23. According to Havighurst, the major developmental task of young adults is
24. Friendships developed during young adulthood are significant because:
25. Which of the following is a hallmark of cognitive development?
26. _______________ are defined as deaths in infants less than 1 year of age that occur suddenly and unexpectedly, and whose causes of death are not immediately obvious prior to investigation.
27. _____________________ accept the role of some observable processes, such as language and memory, in determining observable behavior.
28. According to ______________ theory, children have inborn methods for interacting with their environment.
29. Planning and maintaining safe surroundings is critical. This is accomplished by:
30. Most of the __________ preschoolers have are based on their limited understanding of so many new concepts.
31. Intellectual development during the preschool years is defined as ______________, meaning that children have not yet acquired logical mental actions, as described by Piaget in his cognitive development theory.
32. __________ vaccine is combination vaccine that is a routinely recommended at age 11 or 12 to protect against Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis.
33. The hallmarks of physical development during the school-age years are continued ___________ in height and weight, changes in proportion, in the muscular-skeletal systems and organs.
34. At what age do most physical functions peak?
35. What is the importance of maintaining good physical condition during early adulthood?
36. Friendships developed during young adulthood are significant because:
37. Most women will experience what major milestone during middle adulthood?
38. How does the "empty nest" affect most middle-aged couples?
39. As you grow older, if you continue eating the same types and amounts of food but do not become more active, you will probably gain weight. This is because:
40. Emotional, moral, and psychosocial development for older adults is described by ___________ 8th stage called ego integrity.
41. ________________: This theory states that natural selection has not excluded many damaging circumstances and nonadaptive characteristics in older adults; therefore the aids discussed by evolutionary theory drop with age because natural selection is related to reproductive ability.
42. The purpose of the SCANS report is ____________.
43. A __________ is a teacher who is willing to share her or his expertise and knowledge with a new colleague.
44. The _________________ (PDAS) is a teacher evaluation system created by the Texas Education Agency. Its goal is to advance the level of professional practice of teaching in Texas.
45. Beginning in 2013, workers in __________programs must at least be enrolled in a program in which they will earn an associate’s degree in early childhood education or a child development credential.
46. CTE stands for:
47. There are _____________ Career Clusters.
48. CTE equips students with
49. Human Growth and Development is part of the __________________________ career cluster.
50. The suggested scope and sequence for this course is divided into __________ modules.