1. What are the three types of contaminants?
2. Yeast is a chemical contaminant.
3. What is the temperature danger zone?
4. What three groups of pathogens are responsible for most of the foodborne illnesses?
5. What are the main symptoms of foodborne illness caused by pathogens?
6. What are three main ways to prevent foodborne illness?
7. The main responsibility of the security department of a hotel is the protection of employees.
8. What new technology provides many security features that can help maintain security?
9. Why is good lighting important for both guests and employee security?
10. Why is a good key control system needed?
11. Which of these three categories of monetary loss is the largest?
12. What are the three areas in which state and local governments make safety regulations?
13. Deterrence is a strong factor in prevention.
14. What are the most common minor accidents in the commercial kitchen?
15. What government department is in charge of OSHA?
16. Workers may file a complaint to have OSHA inspect their workplace if they believe that their employer is not following OSHA standards or that there are serious hazards.
17. What type of workers are not covered by OSHA?
18. What are three of the six functions of engineering?
19. Preventive maintenance on equipment includes replacing filters, adding lubrication to moving parts, and replacing parts that show wear.
20. How often is deep cleaning usually done to guest rooms and in public areas?
21. Hospitality managers are responsible for promoting the efficient use of fuel, electricity, and water. The engineering department is responsible for implementing methods of conservation.
22. The grounds of the hotel refers to all inside areas of the building.
23. What does grounds keeping work include?
24. This government agency's main responsibilities are to inspect the manufacturing and the processing of fresh meat and meat products.
25. This government agency regulates the production, packaging, and labeling of food, drugs, and cosmetics.
26. These officials can conduct workplace inspections at any time without prior notification. They also can enforce the law.
27. This government agency is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information
28. This government agency was created for the purpose of protecting human health and the environment by writing and enforcing regulations based on laws passed by Congress.
29. Unethical behavior is illegal.
30. Fast-paced, variety, and an abundance of jobs are advantages to a career in the hospitality industry.
31. Hours of work and stress are some of the challenges of careers in the hospitality industry.
32. The four segments of the hospitality industry are: lodging, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and ______________ .
33. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, what careers in food service can you have with less than high school education?
34. Observing and following a person while he or she does a job is called _____________________.
35. What are the three forms of business ownership?
36. Advantages of a Sole Proprietorship are?
37. Which is a part of a business plan?
38. The SBA allows small businesses to create a business plan and qualify for government contracts.
39. The Chamber of Commerce is a network of businesses whose main objective is to promote and ensure the livelihood of local businesses.
40. Before hotels had property management systems, how did they handle customer records?
41. A customer can book a Broadway show on the internet.
42. A technology trend that is happening now is social media.
43. What is an example of a hospitality related business?
44. People who travel for leisure are referred to as tourists.
45. Which is a domestic location within the US?
46. Which of the following is not a career in the hospitality industry?
47. National parks are considered part of the hospitality industry.
48. CTE stands for:
49. There are _____________ Career Clusters.
50. Hospitality Services is an articulated course for one credit.