1. TEKS stands for
2. CTE stands for
3. Students can earn _____________credits in the Family and Community Services course.
4. This course is recommended for students in grades 11-12. The recommended prerequisite is___________.
5. This ____________ course is designed to involve students in realistic and meaningful community-based activities through direct service experiences.
6. Emphasis in this course is placed on developing and enhancing __________ and __________ skills and characteristics.
7. The suggested scope and sequence for this course is divided into ___________sections.
8. CTE equips students with
9. There are _____________ Career Clusters.
10. Students taking this course will be able to pursue careers in careers in_________.
11. All successful leaders possess certain leadership skills. Leaders who possess these traits have the ability to work in a professional manner. These traits include all the following except one:
12. In 2011, the number of volunteers reached its highest level in five years, as__________ million Americans volunteered through an organization, an increase of 1.5 million from 2010.
13. A majority of Americans assisted their neighbors in some way and more than a third actively participated in a civic, religious, or___________ group.
14. _____________ means identifying with and being concerned about other people’s feelings and needs.
15. A person with______________ is one who is willing and able to observe tasks that need to be done and complete them without being told to do so. A willingness to learn is also a sign of this trait. The person is also eager to learn will ask about opportunities for growth and learning.
16. The first and biggest benefit people get from volunteering is the satisfaction of incorporating service into their lives and making a difference in their community and country. When we share our time and talents we:
17. Over the past two decades we have seen a growing body of research that indicates volunteering provides individual _________ benefits in addition to social benefits.
18. Some of these findings also indicate that volunteers who devote a “considerable” amount of time to volunteer activities (about _____ hours per year) are most likely to exhibit positive health outcomes.
19. President George H.W. Bush created the ____________________ to administer grants to schools to support service-learning in schools, higher education institutions, and community-based organizations and support full-time service across the nation.
20. Every year, governors and State Service Commissions distribute more than $250 million dollars from federal national service funds, which in turn leverage more than _____ million in local funding to support citizen service and volunteering in America.
21. 1930s: At the height of the Great Depression, President Franklin D. Roosevelt established the ____________(CCC) as a way to put idle hands to productive use to meet public needs.
22. Comparisons of the health benefits of volunteering for different age groups have also shown that ________ volunteers are the most likely to receive greater benefits from volunteering, whether because they are more likely to face higher incidence of illness or because volunteering provides them with physical and social activity and a sense of purpose at a time when their social roles are changing.
23. Young people become involved in service as a means of not only helping others, but also of enriching their ______________experience, fostering personal growth, and developing the skills needed to become productive citizens.
24. Through community service, the doors of communication open between students, teachers and administrators. They all work together to _________, designate responsibilities, and ______________.
25. The process by which people learn characteristics of their group’s norms, values, attitudes, and behaviors is called _______________.
26. What community service does?
27. Your presentation must have three parts to it: an opening, a ________-try to have three important points to discuss and the closing of your presentation should leave the audience something to think about.
28. After completion of the community service project, it is important to evaulate the value of it and ask these questions:
29. Some of the best way to communicate the information to your audience pertaining to your community service project would be:
30. When planning a presentation, it is important to consider several questions such as the following:
31. When considering the purpose of the community service presentation, you should ask the following questions:
32. The Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH )—updated every two years by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)—is a career guide that describes, for hundreds of occupations:
33. Job Outlook for employment of social and community service managers is expected to grow by __________ from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. Growth is expected because increases in the aging population, increases in demand for substance abuse treatment, and overall population growth.
34. Employment of rehabilitation counselors is expected to grow by 28 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for rehabilitation counselors is expected to grow because:
35. It would be more realistic to look upon your time as a volunteer as:
36. Volunteering can also help you to prepare for paid employment by:
37. The O*NET Interest Profiler can help students find out what their interests are and how they relate to the world of work. It will also help them decide what kinds of careers they might want to explore. Some of the six interest areas include:
38. Employment of postsecondary teachers is expected to grow by ___________ from 2010 to 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Growth is expected as enrollments at postsecondary institutions at all levels continue to rise.
39. Employment of sociologists is expected to grow 18 percent from 2010 to 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. However, jobseekers should face competition for most positions because of the relatively _____size of the occupation
40. Some of the careers in Human Services cluster under Family and Community Services include:
41. The ________ Foundation Skills are those required of all workers in the high-performance workplace of the 21st century. They were developed from several high-level government commission reports.
42. Use imagination freely, combining ideas or information in new ways; making connections between ideas that seem unrelated is called________.
43. Communicate thoughts and feelings to justify a position; encourage or convince others; make positive use of rules or values; demonstrate ability to have others believe in and trust you because of your competence and honesty is called _____________.
44. Management involves all the following basic functions except one.
45. The first step in dealing with differences is to
46. Communication________ the other management functions together. Communication is a process in which information is shared.
47. Some guidelines for effective communication are:
48. A key to resolving differences is knowing how to ___________ to a student when problems arise.
49. Putting a plan into action and ensuring progress is known as ______________________.
50. ______________plays a key role in motivation. Once people are motivated and assigned to tasks, plans are ready to be implemented.