1. The role of a consumer is to:
2. In order to satisfy needs, an individual must:
3. The best description of a budget is:
4. Budgeting a particular amount for savings should be treated as:
5. The definition of interest could be:
6. Housing is a large expense for consumers. In order to purchase a home they will most likely need to:
7. If one roommate earns a large salary and pays for all the food for the household while the unemployed roommate shops and cooks the food, they are__________resources.
8. A consumer who supports the Susan Komen Breast Cancer Walk for the Cure because their mother died of breast cancer is most likely practicing charitable giving because:
9. A local town government decides to increase the pay of police in the town. The money for this pay raise will most likely be provided by:
10. The Federal Reserve, an agency of the federal government, will regulate interest rates and money supply. The reason for this is:
11. Steps in selecting a career include:
12. Which of the following is NOT a factor to consider when selecting a career path?
13. Renting a home is a good strategy for consumers who:
14. The person responsible for long term maintenance and repairs in a rental property is called a:
15. A consumer might be ready to purchase a home when:
16. Which of the following is NOT a typical step in completing the purchase of a home?
17. Throughout the lifespan, an individual will play many roles. Some of these roles include:
18. As individuals pass through different stages of life, their needs will never change.
19. Needs are usually satisfied in a particular order. From the list below, select the order in which needs will be satisfied first.
20. Banks are considered safe places to keep money because:
21. Long-term investments are part of a sound financial plan because:
22. Tools and computers are examples of what type of resource?
23. If a consumer is faced with a high electric bill he might decide to:
24. When a consumer makes a schedule and decides what resources will be used, he is:
25. A worker is paid $10.00 per hour and works 40 hours a week. She thinks her paycheck should be $400.00 for the week. The paycheck is actually:
26. Employers are required to send employees a form which shows total earnings for the year and tax withheld. The form is called:
27. Employers withhold money from workers’ pay for Federal income and FICA tax. This money:
28. A high school student needs to make a career choice before graduation because:
29. A résumé should include a job seeker’s:
30. When preparing a résumé, one should:
31. Human resources – Are personal qualities and abilities which exist within individuals which include:
32. Steps in decision-making include all of the following except:
33. A budget is a plan for spending money on necessary resources. It involves:
34. Advantages of using credit are:
35. Types of housing include:
36. Advantages of renting include:
37. Rates are:
38. The ________________________ states there are many ways air pollution can harm both your health and the atmosphere and what you can do to help protect the air we breathe.
39. _______________is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency.
40. This provides borrowers the opportunity to finance cost-effective, energy-saving measures as part of a single mortgage and stretch debt-to-income qualifying ratios on loans thereby allowing borrowers to qualify for a larger loan amount and a better, more energy-efficient home.
41. The Right to be Informed – the responsibility to use information includes the following:
42. The Right to Redress – the responsibility to seek redress includes the following:
43. There are objects consumers acquire every day, once a week, or monthly. Customers spend very little time determining whether or not to purchase these items and don’t normally need to get a second opinion before they make theses purchases.
44. There are many paths to take for a career in Consumer Services. Continuing education opportunities include:
45. Consumer Services is a field which offers assistance and services to individuals, families, and business in the area of financial and other resource management.
46. There are many attributes to being successful in the workplace. The following are guidelines for success:
47. Dollars and Sense is part of the __________________________ career cluster.
48. CTE stands for:
49. There are _____________ Career Clusters.
50. Career and Technical Education (CTE) equips students with: