1. What elements contribute to a positive physical child care environment?
2. What are some guidelines for teachers and caregivers to follow in communicating with parents?
3. What are ethics?
4. What is the purpose of the Texas Day-Care Minimum Standards and Guidelines?
5. Ways to prevent abuse include___________.
6. According to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, Texas Child Care licensing is responsible for__________.
7. What services do child care resource and referral agencies (CCR & Rs) provide for parents?
8. The major factors parents need to consider when selecting child care are_________.
9. What are some child care options?
10. An advantage of a national child care center chain is_____________.
11. The cost of child care services is _______of a family’s income.
12. In the article "Five Steps to Choosing Safe and Healthy Child Care, parents need to consider the following:
13. What does health awareness involve?
14. What are three reasons to keep accurate child care health records?
15. Why should safety be such an important issue in quality child care?
16. How might family changes and problems affect children?
17. The following are the reasons related to why child care providers and educators must become involved in preventing and responding to child abuse and neglect
18. According to the lesson "The Hidden Epidemic, over three million reports of child abuse are made every year in the United States, involving an estimated ______ million children.
19. What should be the relationship of learning centers to the goals and objectives of the child care program?
20. Indoor learning centers might include activity areas such as_________
21. Why should outdoor learning activities be planned?
22. According to Fred Rogers Center, nearly all of the classroom teachers (92%) and family child care providers_________ report being either successful or very successful in their ability to use the Internet.
23. Child care centers can take precautions for safeguards to prevent misuse and abuse of technology and media with children by________
24. According to Lekotek Resources- Top Ten Tips for Choosing Toys, when choosing developmentally appropriate toys for differently-abled kids, you should consider:
25. How can understanding the sequences of physical development help a caregiver know what behaviors to expect in children?
26. What are three ways that child caregivers can influence and promote positive behavior?
27. What is direct guidance?
28. According to Prevent Child Abuse America, why is early and regular child and family screening and treatment important?
29. What is resilience?
30. According to the website Childhelp, what country has the worst record in the industrialized nation – losing five children every day due to abuse-related deaths?
31. According to Decker (2004), drug and alcohol abuse is present in ______ percent of reported neglect and abuse cases.
32. A number of protective and promotive factors may contribute to an abused or neglected child’s resilience. These include:
33. How would you define a caregiver?
34. Why has the need for high quality, affordable early care and education increased?
35. The Child Development Associate (CDA) certification offered by the Council for Professional Recognition includes which three areas?
36. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of childcare workers is expected to grow by ________ percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations.
37. Beginning in 2013, workers in Head Start programs must at least be enrolled in a program in which they will earn a(n) ____________ degree in early childhood education or a child development credential.
38. According to the National Association of Child Care Professionals, the organization's goal is to:
39. Childcare workers must meet education and training requirements, which vary with state regulations.
40. Child Guidance is in the:
41. Child Guidance can be added to _________ sequence of courses.
42. Child Guidance is a(n) _______________ course that allows students to make informed choices related to child growth and guidance.
43. Students taking this course will be able to pursue careers in careers in
44. Child Guidance is an articulated course for one credit.
45. CTE stands for:
46. There are _____________ Career Clusters.
47. CTE equips students with:
48.The suggested scope and sequence for this course is divided into ___________sections.
49. Teachers approved for ATC courses must hold a___________ degree in the teaching discipline, or a minimum of an associate degree and demonstrated competencies directly related to the subject area to fulfill SACS requirements.
50. TEKS stands for: