1. TEKS stands for
2. CTE stands for_______________
3. Child Development may be offered as a ____________________
4. Which unit is not part of the Roles and Responsibilities of Parenting module?
5. Which unit of study listed below is in the Prenatal Care and Development Module?
6. The Parenting and Paternity Awareness (P.A.P.A.) curriculum is prepared by the ________________.
7. Toddlers are not aware of their ________ and feelings in addition to their likes or dislikes.
8. ____________ is not a factor that affects fetal development.
9. The student prepared activities should include opportunities for preschool children to __________ as they learn by using their senses of sight, sound, smell and touch.
10. The Relationship Skills unit does not include:
11. ____________ is a skill that is needed to help prevent family violence.
12. Parenting skills and responsibilities do not include
13. Pregnant mothers should avoid the consumption of ___________ during pregnancy.
14. The Prenatal Care and Development module has _________ units of study.
15. The main purposes of sonograms are to__________.
16. _________________ is not a safety consideration related to daily tasks that are vital to protecting the child.
17. Which unit of study listed below is not in the Infant Development, Including Children with Special Needs Module?
18. Infancy is the time between ______________ and ___________________.
19. The nutritional needs of infants are different for all babies. Their nutritional needs are based on factors such as _______________________________________.
20. Most of the developmental milestones in infancy occur within a ______________ order and transpire at in specific time frames allowing assistance to be provided to children with special needs as considered necessary.
21. Which career is not a suggested profession involving infants?
22. School age activities should include:
23. The Play, Literacy and Development unit of the Toddler Development module does not include:
24. CPR stands for___________
25. Complications can occur during pregnancy and may be characterized by ____________________.
26. In order to evaluate the impact of parenting roles and responsibilities parents and child care professionals should have an understanding of the different theorists affecting child development. Which of the following is not a theorist of child development?
27. ________________________________(ASTM) has developed standards for equipment such as strollers, play pens, and expandable gates.
28. The nutritional needs of infants are different for all babies. Their nutritional needs are based on factors such as _______________________________________.
29. The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) is responsible for_________________
30. Which unit of study listed below is not in the Toddler Development, Including Children with Special Needs Module?
31. In general toddlers should consume ___________ to _____________ calories per day.
32. Play activities that promotes toddler growth and development should include ___________.
33. Some positive parenting tips a parent can do to help their toddler excel are:
34. The toddler phase is a very active time in the child’s life. They will grow about __________ inches and gain approximately four pounds during the second year of life.
35. Preschoolers can develop a variety of ______ which requires patience and understanding on the part of parents and caregivers.
36. Activities for meeting developmental needs of preschool children in this course do not include which of the following:
37. The student prepared activities should include opportunities for preschool children to __________ as they learn by using their senses of sight, sound, smell and touch.
38. It is important to offer a variety of foods to preschool children while monitoring portion size. It is best to start with _________ portions and then ____________ portions as requested by the child.
39. Preschool children often have a _________________ imagination.
40. The school age years in child development ranges from the ages of __________ to ___________.
41. Legislation and public policies affecting children are ____________________.
42. Which unit of study listed below is not in the Career Opportunities in Child Development Module?
43. It is important to understand the_________________________that children need during the school age years.
44. A suggested unit lesson plan project topic for school age children does not include which of the following:
45. One of the first groups organized to fight for children's right was the _____________, which was founded in 1901 to help children who were subject to dangerous, unsanitary working conditions.
46. Why has the need for high quality, affordable early care and education increased?
47. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of childcare workers is expected to grow by ________ percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations.
48. Beginning in 2013, workers in Head Start programs must at least be enrolled in a program in which they will earn a(n) ____________ degree in early childhood education or a child development credential.
49. The Child Development Associate (CDA) certification offered by the Council for Professional Recognition. CDA certification includes which three areas?
50. Certain personal characteristics are related to success in child-related careers such as: