Halloween Food Safety Tips for Parents
From the U.S. Food and Drug Administration:
Take these simple steps to help your children have a fun – and safe – Halloween.
• Children shouldn’t snack while they’re out trick-or-treating.
• To help prevent children from snacking, give them a light meal or snack before they head out – don’t send them out on an empty stomach.
• Tell children not to accept – and especially not to eat – anything that isn’t commercially wrapped.
• Parents of very young children should remove any choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies or small toys.
• Inspect commercially wrapped treats for signs of tampering, such as an unusual appearance or discoloration, tiny pinholes, or tears in wrappers.
For more information, visit:
Halloween Food Safety Tips